top of page
ESL Teacher Job Description
Community Literacy Centers (CLC) is seeking qualified teachers for adult English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. Instructors will work with students to improve their English reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills. Teachers will be provided with a curriculum and sample lesson plans.
Our class times vary but are offered Monday-Thursday in the morning, afternoon, and evening, across the Oklahoma City metro area. Each class meets twice each week for 2 hours. An additional hour per week of planning time is paid.
Job Type: Part-time seasonal
Pay: $19.00 per hour
Note: Some of our classes are currently being taught remotely using Zoom. Applicants should have a computer and reliable internet access.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide instruction in reading strategies such as phonemic awareness, systematic phonics, and fluency
- Be responsible for minimal paperwork and class preparation outside of class time
- Develop a lesson plan for adults based on their educational needs and goals
- Teach a multi-level class of adults
- Administer standardized tests
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful applicant will:
- be innovative and reliable
- be comfortable interacting with adult students and collaborating with other educators
- have excellent English language skills and grammar knowledge
- have dependable transportation
- have strong leadership abilities
- be organized, self-directed with a comprehensive knowledge of educational principles
- be able to adapt instructional strategies and classroom management using a variety of delivery
methods (whole group, small group, individual)
- have previous teaching experience
- have a Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in second language a plus
- Oklahoma teaching certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, TESOL, or subject area
Description of the English as a Second Language Class: Our English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are designed to help adult learners develop their knowledge and skills in English speaking, listening, reading and writing. The books and materials used for class are specifically developed for adult learners and include topics that support second language learners in their everyday lives.
Submit resume including three references and contacts to CLC Program Coordinator Liz Willner: email@example.com
bottom of page